Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Satisfied with His likeness

We leave tomorrow for Kansas.

Yesterday and today have been a flurry of preparation; with two unexpected trips into the US Embassy in Paris to get Princess an emergency passport. Yesterday on the train as I was praying, telling God that I didn't seen anything redemptive in losing a passport, it seemed God was impressing on me to not miss out on the blessings of the day by stressing about the potential problems and hassles. It made a huge difference in my attitude.

Today was a great day. I made it to Paris and back, got the emergency passport, picked up a very happy Will who thinks he aced the brevet (exams), successfully completed his inscription to high school and confirmed the apartment we want to buy is reserved for us until we get back in August and work out the financing. The house is tidy and the bags are mostly packed. We are thankful.

This is the verse that jumped out at me on the train this morning: Psalm 17:15 "As for me, I shall behold Thy face in righteousness; I will be satisfied with Thy likeness when I awake."

1 comment:

Don and Be said...

I'm happy the passport excursion worked out and that you found God in the midst of it.
Have a safe trip.
We Love You,
Don & Be