Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Farewell, Sweet Summer

The air has already turned chilly; we've bought school supplies; ordered bus/train passes; and are counting down the last few days of laziness. The past few weeks I've been working on the annual report for our office but am trying to be home every afternoon to be with Wuke (the boys have combined their names--Wuke even has its own facebook) and the Princess. So here are some random bits as we kiss "les grandes vacances" goodbye.

Two little kittens showed up in our office parking lot. In a moment of cuteness induced insanity I had a friend help me catch one which I brought home. So what if I'm allergic? Bingley is cute, and very active. Mark is completely in love. I remember when he used to look at me as he now gazes at his kitty.


One afternoon the kids tie-dyed some t-shirts. I had forgotten how treacherous doing crafts with children can be--no matter the age of the "children". I suppressed my neurosis about permanantly staining every thing in the house and some pretty cool shirts were the result.

Berry Warriors? We went picking blackberries (berries, not PDAs) in the forest. Wuke removed their shirts within two minutes and moments later were applying blackberry warpaint to their faces and chests. Will I ever understand boys? As we like to say, "Vous n'êtes même pas civilisés." The Princess and I kept our distance as they ignored nettles and thorns to get the best berries. We picked the easy ones.

So this morning we had blackberry muffins, tomorrow is Luke's 16th birthday. Summer's last hurrah. When did I get old enough to have two kids over 16?

No comments: