Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ponderings from the Sewing Machine

Working on a quilt affords me plenty of time for pondering. This week I've been on a roll making a flying geese quilt out of a collection of African fabrics. It's looking pretty wild. Anyway for a while I was praying for the young man for whom I'm making the quilt. Then my mind wandered.

I thought about hope. Hebrews 6:18-20 speaks of hope. Verse 19 says, "This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil . . ." In what do I really place my hope? Is it in our High Priest, holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners and exalted above the heavens? (7:27)

I thought about the French high school girl that died in the bombing in Cairo, the nine people who perished in a Turkish air flight in Amsterdam. We don't control very much in life, do we? God is sovereign. I am not.

I also thought about the next quilt; sneaking peaks at the fabric and pattern that will one day be more than an image in my mind. Better get back to the machine.

1 comment:

Don and Be said...

Joanna Mei's quilt hangs on her wall and it is a reminder of our good friends across the pond. What a treasure.
BTW - I'm presently having a case of insomnia and read your post - I thought you were making a Flying Cheese quilt. Sounds like something out of Monty Python.
We are all doing just ducky here in Orlando - this weekend, the 3 of us will participate in our agency's panel discussion on International adoption for prospective parents. We are always happy to spread the word.