Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ready for worship?


Worship, true worship, is manifested in many ways. We worship God when we share with one another how we have seen His hand at work. We worship when we express our dependance on Him in prayer. Of course, music is a fabulous way to proclaim God's glory. Lately it has been a great joy to have Will and Luke join me in leading worship at our church. I remember being encouraged when I was a young thing at playing guitar and taking part in the worship service through song. I pray that my children will have hearts that love to worship.
By adding another guitar and a bass we are free to experiment with a bit of percussion, and maybe some interesting sounds with the amp. Last Sunday, however we may have gone a bit too far. The kids and I were having such a good time during practice that I decided we could turn up the gain and push the little button that turns on the drive--just for the more rockin' songs. After church a friend came up and after sweetly thanking us for leading worship, mentioned that she heard some static during the singing. I sheepishly smiled and admitted that it was supposed to sound that way. Maybe our little church is not the place to let loose with wild guitar effects. We'll set the amp on "clean" next week.