Saturday, December 1, 2007

Waiting for Thee

Psalm 104 is one of my favorites. It speaks of God's creative power and His provision for all of creation. Verse 27: "They all wait for Thee, to give them their food in due season." Various trials and troubles have served these past couple of weeks to remind me to keep my eyes focused on the Provider. Some anxiety is linked to the shrinking value of the dollar against the euro. I've discovered that with some effort I can make a week's worth of groceries last 8 days--eliminating one week's grocery bill every two months! The big trial was being informed by our bank here in France that they were closing our account. The fact that we are foreigners being paid by a religious organization does not suit them. (This does not affect our housing loan, Praise God!) Monday we have an appointment to open an account with a different bank. Praying for and serving our national staff experiencing far worse trials really keeps things in perspective. We all are dependent on the Creator and Provider.

Can I count it all joy? In the power of the Holy Spirit may God accomplish the perfecting of my faith.

2 comments:

Don and Be said...

We are in the "Waiting Room" with you.
Blessings,
Don & Be

Al said...

"Can I count it all joy?" Ohhh! I just love authenticity!