Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Time Keeps on Tickin' Into the Future


Today I picked up my first pair of prescription glasses. My! the computer screen is so much clearer! But it also means that age and time are creeping up on me. Just look at my little Princess. Six months from now she will be taller (and probably more clever) than me.
Some things, however, don't change all that much. My sweet roomie from college, Lia, came to visit two weeks ago. (she took the picture). Even though we have spent precious little time together in the past 20 or so years, her sincerity, faith, unique perspective and humor reminded why she has been a friend for all these years. One thing that I have missed is her way of describing the world around her. As an artist she speaks of line, form, color, space and perspective. I know that she opens my eyes to different ways of seeing and thinking.
So as we are winding down another school year, everyone getting bigger, smarter and older, I hope that I continue to grow, learn and hold on to dear friends!

2 comments:

Don and Be said...

Mes dames préférées de la France

annie said...

The princess keeps getting lovelier and lovelier. I miss you both! (and your menfolk as well, of course. Just the other day I saw a piece of sliced bread that resembled a bunny rabbit and thought of your husband taking pictures of a similar slice many years ago in a land far, far away. What an odd reference that is out of context!!)