Tuesday, May 27, 2008

From Ruins to a Mansion

this story was in an e-mail received by my friend Ali from Nicodemus* who lives in N. Africa

As you ask and suggested I have sought God. I'm bowing before Him with all my heart and will, praying for Him to show me the truth. God heard me. He showed me through a dream.

I was sitting in a broken down house, one that was completely demolished. Before me I saw a beautiful house. I longed to move from the demolished house to the beautiful one.
A shining white cloud appeared and a voice said, "Stretch out your hand to Me."
"How? I can't."
"Try, if you truly love God."
I tried, but it was impossible. Because I could not reach Him though I tried and tried, He reached out to me and pulled me to the beautiful new house.
As He was leaving, I asked, "Who are you, my Lord?"
"Didn't you ask Me? I am the Lord, the Christ. You belong to Me now."
My life has changed.

*Name changed for security purposes

No comments: